VoIP/DVTC/CUCM Technician L3
Colorado Springs, CO
IT Veterans is currently seeking a talented CUCM (Cisco Unified Communication Manager) VoIP/DVTC Administrator with an active TS/SCI clearance to provide maintenance and advanced support for customers globally. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing all voice over IP networks and some Video Teleconferencing within the Enterprise, supporting a 24x7 NOC (Network Operations Center). Responsibilities include Tier II / Tier III resolution and customer support for all managed networks. Candidate must be familiar with the use of Cisco Call Manager, Cisco Unity, Tandberg Management Suite (TMS), and various other tools as required.
- Technical knowledge of VoIP / IP telephony systems, software, hardware, and Telecommunications standards, Unified Communications Manager, Unity Connection, and Unified Presence
- Understanding of call routing to include calling search spaces and partitions, route patterns, trunks and gateways
- Experience voice gateways and CUBEs
- Experience with VTC equipment such as Cisco Telepresence Management Suite, Tandberg and Cisco CODECs, Gatekeepers, Gateways and MCUs.
- Possess understanding of TCP/IP, H323, E164 and SIP protocols.
- Ability to troubleshoot common VoIP & VTC issues to include identifying and correcting issues with endpoints, trunks, dial plans, and profiles
- Experience analog gateways
- Understanding of the Tandberg Management System -Licensing of devices and servers (VoIP and DVTC)
- Ability to troubleshoot common VTC issues to include the identification of failed endpoints, bandwidth saturation, or mis-configured conferences
- Ensure compliance with network security policies and procedures
- Assist in the development of the training, local guides, Rules of Engagement (ROE) policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) as they pertain to the Unified Communications environment.
- Create and report all outage notifications and network related issues according to standard operating procedures
- Comprehensive knowledge of network topology; along with networked hardware and software tools listed above
- Participate in engineering projects or upgrades as tasked by GDIT management
- Interface with vendors to ensure proper performance of tools and software packages.
- Provides training and technical guidance to lower tier employees
At IT Veterans LLC, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
- TS/SCI clearance with the ability to gain and maintain a CI Poly.
- HS+10 years' experience/ AS+8 years' experience/ BS+6 years' experience/ MS+4 years' experience
- Must have and maintain a DoD 8570 approved IAT II level certification.
- Interpersonal Skills
- Effective Communication skills - verbal and written
- Listening skills
- Problem analysis and problem solving
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Customer Service oriented
- Ability to work independently within a Team Concept
- Ability to multitask in a stressful environment
- NOC is 24x7 shift work; to include weekends and holiday for all employees
- Day Shift: 6am – 2:30pm
- Swing Shift: 2pm – 10:30pm
- Mid Shift: 10:30pm – 6am