Sr. Systems Engineer
IT Veterans is seeking an experienced and highly motivated Senior Systems Engineer
to join our team. This Senior Systems Engineers execute engineering tasks, taking a multi-discipline approach to full lifecycle engineering including but not limited to requirements engineering, solutions engineering, scheduling, reliability, resiliency, services development, integration, test and evaluation, maintainability and analysis across the NSG, ASG and Federal Agencies to ensure timely and accurate GEOINT. They provide a substantial portion, if not all of, the engineering support to the teams to which they are assigned. You must have an active TS/SCI clearance with ability to pass a CI Poly.
- Work closely with current/legacy product managers and SMEs to fully understand and document modernization needs.
- Review publications data and structure against conceptual data models and future database plans and perform data cleanup activities in accordance with established guidelines and direction.
- Review and update publications text including structured and unstructured text
- Utilizing Adobe FrameMaker, including supporting documentation such as Element Definition Documents (EDDs) and Definition Type Documents (DTDs), conditional text, customizable elements, and tags
- Review and update FrameMaker files, including supporting documentation
- Convert documents between FrameMaker versions
- Upgrade documents to the latest FrameMaker version
- Create final products in PDF format, ensuring quality control and adding value to the user experience
- Designing Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
- SGML and XML programming and coding.
- Publish architectural and engineering drawings depicting modernization plans
- Document CONOPS, SOPs and appropriate design solutions and ensure the compatibility of system components.
- Perform the full lifecycle of engineering support including but not limited to requirements engineering, solutions engineering, scheduling, reliability analysis, resiliency analysis, development, integration, test and evaluation, maintainability analysis, and decommissioning.
- Provide engineering support for requirements across the NSG and ASG.
- Lead the planning, documenting, analysis, and traceability of user requirements and architectures.
- Conduct Analysis of Alternatives (AoA), Trade Studies, and Engineering Assessments.
- Assist the Government in strategic technical planning, project management, performance engineering, risk management, and interface design.
- Support RFP development and generate engineering documentation for RFPs.
- Provide proposal evaluation support as requested by the government.
- Provide architectural support.
- Identify industry and NGA standards and create IPF unique standards for open architecture, service centric architecture, service-oriented architecture, and cloud architecture for inclusion in IPF RFPs, existing contracts, and government development efforts.
- Brief assigned activities as required.
- Work cross project with other IPF projects to facilitate transition from concept to development to sustainment to decommissioning.
- Work across NGA, NSG, and ASG partners to include but not limited to NGA/IPF, NGA/SF, NGA/R, NGA/TD, NGA/TA, DoD, FAA, and foreign partners, to provide engineering support to advance the Foundation GEOINT mission.
- Support IPF leadership priorities and guidance
- TS/SCI clearance with ability to obtain a CI Poly.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering or in a related hard science STEM field such as engineering, physics, mathematics, operations research, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Geographic Information Systems, or Geodetic Sciences. A degree in Systems Engineering, Project Management, or similar non-technical field does not satisfy this requirement.
- 12 - 18 years’ experience
- Senior-level demonstrated experience with Adobe FrameMaker, XML programming, SGML programming, and Maritime Publications.
- Senior-level demonstrated experience in government or industry in relevant work areas including DoD/IC Acquisition Process, Requirements Process, PPBES Process or system engineering of large complex System of Systems or Service Oriented Architecture/Cloud environments.
- Senior-level demonstrated experience with systems engineering lifecycle.
- Senior-level demonstrated experience with Geographic Information Systems
At IT Veterans LLC, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
- Master’s degree or higher in Systems Engineering or in a related hard science STEM field such as, engineering, physics, mathematics, operations research, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Geographic Information Systems, or Geodetic Sciences or in project management or engineering management.
- Certified as an INCOSE System Engineering Professional (CSEP) or DAWIA (level III) in IT or SPRDE or certified Scaled Agile Framework Agilist (SA) or Software Development Framework.
- Senior-level demonstrated experience with Foundation GEOINT data domains and mission areas.
- Senior-level demonstrated experience with NGA Process and tools, to include System Engineering, Acquisition, Configuration Management, Readiness and Security.
- Senior-level demonstrated Experience with software coding