IT Veterans, LLC is seeking a Network Engineer
to join our talented team of engineers to deliver mission critical infrastructure and ensure the highest level of performance and security for one of Federal Clients onsite in Washington, DC (occasionally reporting to client’s Herndon Office)
. Ability to maintain an Active TS/SCI is required along with willingness to take a Polygraph exam.
In this role, the Network Engineer will assist in upgrading IOS Devices and administer GEM-X encryption management software. The successful candidate will be responsible for upgrading all Cisco IOS devices and ensuring remote administration of all encryption devices in GEMX.
- Analyzes, administers and maintains voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
- Manages the usage and performance of voice, video and/or data communications networks.
- Maintains network security and ensures compliance with security policies and procedures.
- Evaluates hardware and software, including peripheral, output, and related equipment.
- Participates in the development and implementation of network-related procedures and standards.
- Participates in and may lead aspects of major network installations and upgrades.
- Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance.
- Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
- Provides advice and training to end-users.
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems.
- May provide work leadership to less-experienced network personnel.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
At IT Veterans LLC, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
- Extensive experience upgrading Cisco IOS; Juniper experience is a plus GEM experience for monitoring and configuration of crypto equipment; extensive crypto experience may be substituted.
- Ability to identify, analyze, and resolve operating/hardware network system problems.
- Comprehensive knowledge of CISCO and Juniper routers and switches Demonstrate network troubleshooting techniques and experience.
- Ensure compliance with network security policies and procedures.
- Manage the Enterprise Network for resource availability.
- Experience with both LAN and WAN troubleshooting.
- Experience with WAN circuit technologies (T1, DS3, OC-3, OC-12, OC-192).
- Possess comprehensive knowledge of operating systems and applications as they pertain to the network environment.
- Lead IOS upgrade project and GEMX remote management as tasked by management interface with vendors to ensure proper performance of tools and software packages.
- Process Authorized Service Interruptions (ASI's) as directed by management.
- Provide After Action Reports (AARs) for Problem Management resolution.
- Experience with programming and troubleshooting KG-175A and KG-175D encryptors (to include 10G encryptors).