IT Veterans, LLC is seeking a Senior Systems Administrator
to join our talented team to deliver mission critical infrastructure and ensure the highest level of performance and security for one of Federal Clients onsite in Washington, DC.
Ability to maintain an Active TS/SCI is required.
The Senior Systems Administrator will help design, build out, maintain, and troubleshoot our client’s rapidly expanding infrastructure, which includes Wireless Intrusion Detection System (WIDS) and Secure Wireless System (SWS) compliant with Commercial Solutions for Classified (CSfC).
- Configuring, managing, administering and monitoring all installed systems and infrastructure, to include servers, clients, databases, storage appliances, etc.
- Installing, configuring, testing and maintaining virtual servers, operating systems, application software and system management tools.
- Monitoring and testing system performance for potential issues along with identifying possible solutions and implementing preferred solution with a team of engineers.
- Proactively ensuring the highest levels of systems and infrastructure confidentiality, integrity, and availability.
- Creating, writing, and maintaining custom scripts to automate tasks increasing system efficiency.
- Serving as a liaison with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
- Developing and executing test plans in lab and production environments.
- Additionally, maintaining security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
- Deploying workstation images via SCCM.
- Provide level 2 and 3 support.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) certification.
- Security+ or higher certification.
- Expertise in Windows Server, DHCP, Certificate Authority, DNS, Active Directory, group policy, SCCM and patching along with strong knowledge of x.509 certificates and PKI.
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Windows Server environments.
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware, Virtual Box).
- Experience applying DISA STIGs.
- Experience with monitoring systems.
- Solid PowerShell scripting skills.
- VDI experience desired.
- TS/SCI active clearance required at the time of hire.