IT Veterans seeking a highly motivated Cable Installer
to join our team. You must have an active TS/SCI clearance with the ability to gain and maintain a CI Poly.
Performs installation of telephone, coaxial, copper, and fiber optic cables, including vertical and horizontal cable pairs to the desktop. Locates and diagnoses signal transmission defects using various test equipment and visual inspection. Uses tools and related test equipment, ground power equipment, and pressure equipment. Installs network infrastructure equipment and end-points as directed. Prepares necessary written reports. Communicates effectively with technical and management personnel, as required. Utilizes a ticketing system to receive and complete work assignments.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Able to work as part of team
- Cleans and maintains testing equipment and tools
- Must have excellent problem-solving skills
- Must be able to visually distinguish colors
- Must have good manual dexterity and hand eye coordination
- Must have good computer and math skills
- Must have good time management skills
- Knowledge of AC and DC circuits
- Must have the ability to climb ladders and lift up to 50 lbs
- Must have a knowledge of various non-cabling tools
- TS/SCI clearance with the ability to gain and maintain a CI Poly.
- Must be a high school graduate and have at least four (4) years’ experience in installing, modifying, and troubleshooting aerial and underground copper and fiber optic cable. In lieu of 4 years’ experience, completion of a postsecondary program in electronics, such as an associate degree is acceptable.
- This position may require travel.