IT Veterans, LLC is seeking a Facility Security Officer (FSO)
to support our corporate office in Herndon, VA. The perfect candidate must be highly motivated and capable of taking on new challenges each day. This position requires an active TS clearance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Maintaining and administer security policies and procedures for active programs in all security disciplines as required by various government agencies
- Process initial and periodic personnel security investigations
- Track security clearance investigations and perform administrative support functions, including Defense Information Security System (DISS), National Industrial Security System (NISS), Secure Web Fingerprint Transmission (SWFT) Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS) and Electronic Questionnaires for Investigations Processing (e-QIP) administration
- Develop and conduct security briefings, debriefings, and awareness training for company personnel
- Process outgoing visit requests and certifications
- Review and process security forms (SF-85 and SF-86)
- Manage and prepare for facility reviews and inspections with various government agencies.
- Maintain company’s completion and retention of personnel security clearance records
- Manage program self-inspection and review of security processes to ensure compliance with relevant policies and directives
- Maintain and manage the Insider Threat Program
- Participate in the development and implementation of security policies and procedures supporting classified contracts
- Completion of the DCSA FSO Orientation program for processing facilities.
- Completion of DSCS Insider Threat Program ITSPO requirements
- Demonstrated ability in records management including maintaining accurate administrative security files, employee security files, and audits preferred.
- Strong knowledge of the National Industrial Security Program (NISP) and NISPOM
- Experience with DISS, SWFT, JPAS, e-QIP, and NISS government systems required
- Knowledge of government classified contract process and SCI programs
- Knowledge of SF-85 and SF-86, DD-254, and DD-441 processes
- Strong organizational, administrative and interpersonal skills, with attention to detail and follow-through. Timely communications and efficient time management with demonstrated prioritization skills are mandatory for success in this position.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to work well with people at all levels of the organization.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 is preferred.
- Must be a US Citizen and possess an active Top Secret DOD security clearance.
- Minimum of three to five years’ experience in a similar role.