The Instructional Systems Specialist will administer, provide analysis, design, develop, and evaluate a web-based training self-paced training course(s) for Veterans, Active Duty Service Members, and their families.
Required Knowledge & Qualifications:
- Accurately document all learning and business requirements and formulate recommendations for appropriate training initiatives.
- Determine the learning and task objectives, organize course content, and develop instruction design plans.
- Plan and organize the work, determine possible sources of information, and conduct fact finding.
- Ability to create quality curriculum and content that includes: Storyboarding using PowerPoint and translating to Captivate, Content Mapping, rapid development, and multiple course design.
- Study the learning objectives of courses of instruction and the subject-matter content.
- Establish performance standards and analyze the development needs of Veterans, Active Duty Service Members, and their families.
- Draft executive summaries, weekly reports, annual curriculum reviews, and design documents.
- Apply professional skill and knowledge to solving training program issues.
- Review and analyze evaluations by users for indications of areas for improvement in instructional methods.
- B.S/B.A. is required.
- Minimum ten years of relevant work experience with projects of a similar size and complexity.
- Be able to provide past performance examples (website a plus).
- Expert level at instructional design.
- Graphic design experience/ability a plus.
- Ability to Storyboard Level III Interactivities.
- Animation (non-3D) creation a plus.
- Video content/script creation a plus.
- ASDT Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP) or equivalent certifications required.
- Must have knowledge of HTML-5 design and 508 compliance.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.