IT Veterans seeking a highly motivated Cable Installer
to join our team. You must have an active TS/SCI clearance with the ability to gain and maintain a CI Poly.
Performs installation maintenance and repair of telecommunications systems. A strong work ethic and flexible attitude are critical for the success in this role.
Shift: 6:00am - 2:30pm
- Fiber Optic structured cable distribution systems installation.
- Ability to terminate all forms of fiber by various methods familiarity with fiber connector types and manufacturers, experience testing single-mode and multi-mode fiber installations, experience with OTDR testing and fiber optic troubleshooting, pulling cable, fir stopping, dressing cables and labeling to industry standards.
- Installing, terminating, and testing all forms of copper and fiber cabling.
- Installing closet hardware including backboards, connecting blocks, racks, patch and fiber enclosures.
- Attending training and safety meetings and working safely at all times.
- Follows established processes and checklists.
- Understand and applies basic concepts.
- Assists more senior level technicians, specialists, and managers in their activities.
At IT Veterans LLC, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
- TS/SCI clearance with the ability to gain and maintain a CI Poly.
- HS+4 years' experience/ AS+2 years' experience/ BS+0 years' experience
- Direct related experience (cabling, construction trades).
- Proven experience as a fiber optic specialist BICSI Installer/Technician certification highly desired.
- Reliable daily travel to worksites.
- Must be able to work safely following company policy/procedures on safety.
- Conduct network configuration and able to perform network troubleshooting.
- Previous duties as a team lead.
- DoD 8570 compliance or information assurance certification