Tier II Network Technician
IT Veterans is seeking a highly motivated Tier II Network Technician
to join our team. You must have an active TS/SCI clearance with the ability to gain and maintain a CI Poly.
- Researches and evaluates new concepts and processes to improve performance.
- Analyzes cross-functional problem sets, identifies root causes and resolves issues.
- Responsible for the analysis, administration and support of voice, video, and/or data communications networks
- Ensure compliance with network security policies and procedures.
- Manage the Enterprise Network for resource availability.
- Process Authorized Service Interruptions (ASI's) as directed by GDIT Management.
- Provide After Action Reports (AARs) for Problem Management resolution.
- Participates in the development and implementation of network-related procedures and standards.
- Participates in and may lead aspects of major network installations and upgrades.
- Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance.
- Evaluates hardware and software, including peripheral, output, and related equipment.
- Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
- Provides advice and training to end-users.
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems.
- May provide work leadership to less-experienced network personnel
At IT Veterans LLC, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
- TS/SCI clearance with the ability to gain and maintain a CI Poly.
- HS+10 years' experience/ AS+8 years' experience/ BS+6 years' experience/ MS+4 years' experience
- Weekend work is required to correspond with enterprise outage windows.
- Extensive experience monitoring and configuration of crypto equipment; extensive crypto experience may be substituted Ability to identify, analyze, and resolve operating/hardware network system problems.
- Comprehensive knowledge of CISCO and Juniper routers and switches Demonstrate network troubleshooting techniques and experience.
- Experience with both LAN and WAN troubleshooting Experience with WAN circuit technologies (T1, DS3, OC-3, OC-12, OC-192)
- Possess comprehensive knowledge of operating systems and applications as they pertain to the network environment
- Experience with programming and troubleshooting KG-175A and KG-175D encryptors (to include 10G encryptors)
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Ability to work independently within a Team Concept.
- DoD 8570 compliance or information assurance certification