Network Lab Engineer L3 - DC
IT Veterans seeking a talented Network Lab Engineer
to join our team. This mid-to-senior-level engineer or computer scientist should have experience, skills, and interest in performing hands-on, laboratory-based research in the field of networking and communications. As a Network Lab Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work with a variety of network technologies and apply your network research engineering and skills to help solve a variety of real, challenging, and critical problems that face our nation’s IC. You must have an active TS/SCI clearance with the ability to gain and maintain a CI Poly.
Visualization Management Skills
- This position will require you to make use of your fundamental understanding of and interest in networking protocols and principles. Your specific duties will generally include performing research, design, analysis, hands-on prototyping, testing, experimentation, analysis, evaluation, and reporting to address complex questions regarding design, security, and performance of networks that are used by the IC.
- The Network Lab Engineer will perform end-to-end system testing utilizing several cross-domain solutions and platforms supporting a large federal government agency. They will maintain the network test lab with multiple test threads for various ingestion test scenarios. The engineer will design, develop, and execute network test solutions for large-scale infrastructure products.
- The Network Lab Engineer must create a process that will best test products in manufacturing and related disciplines, to assure that the product meets applicable specifications. The engineer will be responsible for determining the best way a test can be performed to achieve adequate test coverage.
- The Network Lab Engineer will be responsible for understanding how to properly document test cases and create effective test plans; creating practical demonstrations of proposed solutions; define clear goals for all aspects of a product test and develop steps for proper execution.
- The Network Lab Engineer must have experience in the coordination and execution of test events in accordance with approved test plans, procedures, and scripts.
- Must have knowledge and skills to ensure that test environments are set up accurately.
- Must be able to create test reports.
- The automation test engineer must be able to test IT hardware, software, systems, and networks.
- The Network Lab Engineers will support the government by serving as a liaison between manufacturing, design engineering, sales engineering to discuss and understand features, and identify capability deficiencies
- The Network Lab Engineer will collaborate with various network-engineering teams, departments, support, and operations to ensure tested solutions can be seamless integrated to the DIA product environment.
Activities may include but not limited to the following
- Provide technical support for installation, configuration, and implementation of associated virtualization technologies.
- Develop audit criteria to validate the configuration of existing virtual infrastructure(s) and make remediation and optimization recommendations.
- Provide physical to virtual migration planning and execution.
- Provide support for upgrading existing virtual environments to the latest patches and major releases.
- Perform audits on all virtual infrastructure components prior to and following implementation of major upgrades
- Monitor system performance, capacity, and provide periodic system status reports to Government lead.
- Analyze performance data to identify trends and opportunities for process and technology enhancements
- Manage Dev, QA, and Production environments, ensuring system availability and scalability
- Provide analysis and resolutions to address Lab critical infrastructure issues
- Development and execution of Lab technical operating procedures and documentation.
- Build lab-based testbeds and conduct proof-of-concept experiments
- Network prototyping in a virtualized environment, setting up and configuring virtual routers, switches, firewalls, IPSs etc.
- Experiment with tools to manage and automate physical and virtualized network technologies
- Model the performance and behavior of networks in enterprise environments
- Work with cyber and infrastructure automation technologies
- Research emerging technologies and assess their mission applicability
- Build and maintain internal lab capabilities
- Develop and program prototypes in Python or Java
At IT Veterans LLC, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
- TS/SCI clearance with the ability to gain and maintain a CI Poly.
- Bachelor’s degree and 6 years’ experience
- DoD 8570 compliance or information assurance certification