Sr. Human Resource Consultant
DIA HQ – Washington, DC
IT Veterans is seeking an experienced and highly motivated Sr. Human Resource Consultant
to join our team to lead a variety of human resource projects and provide fruitful human capital advice. You will help the customer optimize everyday processes such as recruitment, as well as implement strategic HR plans and technology. The successful candidate is an experienced professional with demonstrated in-depth knowledge of human resource management with experience in consulting as well as dealing with actual HR issues. The candidate will be a strategic thinker and problem-solver with excellent communication skills. You must have an active TS/SCI clearance with ability to pass a CI Poly.
- Initiate and lead human resource programs and projects
- Conduct research through various methods (data collection, surveys, etc.) to identify a problematic situation or find the cause
- Provide advice and recommendations to a team of senior HR specialists conducting Strategic Workforce Planning, Change Management Planning to successfully develop, plan, manage, and execute an organization's Strategic Workforce Plan
- Formulate strategic and practical plans to address human resource matters
- Assist in recruiting, training and management of personnel
- Devise plans and techniques to drive change and culture management
- Assist in the development and integration of policies
- Select and implement suitable HR technology
- Help establish control systems for compliance with business methods and HR practices
- Review systems and processes and make modifications to address issues
- Refurbish knowledge of advancements in the field and present new ideas
- Collaborate with government staff to determine, prioritize, and document the appropriate strategic initiatives to include implementation plans
- Provide updates and ensure understanding or clarity of process and progress to the CIO government staff on a weekly basis
- Assist with meetings, training, and collaboration sessions with CIO senior leadership champions and initiative owners for capturing and providing feedback for high level initiative plans, developing outcome measures, and detailed plans for each initiative
- Develop and present briefings on findings, plans, and implementation processes as needed
- TS/SCI clearance with ability to obtain a CI Poly.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or a related field and at least 12 years of related experience. Four (4) years of additional experience may be substituted for a degree.
- Years of Experience:
16+ years w/ High School Diploma
10+ years w/ Bachelor's Degree
8+ years w/ Master's Degree
- Proven experience as HR consultant
- In-depth knowledge of HR principles, functions, methods, and best practices
- Solid understanding of research methods and analysis
- Ability to strategize and formulate business plans
- An analytical mind with problem-solving abilities
- Experience working with or leading teams in solving complex data-based problem sets
- Experience planning and executing talent management programs with OHR or other DoD HR-based entities
- Data analytics skills: In support of analyzing both quantitative HR data and skills information collected via surveys/interviews, the candidate must be familiar with working with HR data/metrics and tools/methods for analyzing & drawing insights from this data
- Consulting and presentation skills: Candidate must possess proven level of professional polish who can help create impactful deliverables (written materials, briefings, data visualization), and who is comfortable presenting them to customer-facing audiences
- A team player
At IT Veterans LLC, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Society of Human Resources Management Certification
- Knowledge of digital transformation issues and initiatives within IC, DoD, and government spaces.