Cyber Malware Reverse Engineer L4 MD
IT Veterans seeking a talented Cyber Malware Reverse Engineer L4
. You must have an active TS/SCI clearance with the ability to gain and maintain a CI Poly.
- Expertise in reverse engineering malware, and familiarity with today’s tools and operational needs.
- Ability to identify vulnerabilities in software and hardware, analyze and reverse engineer software and hardware systems.
- The successful applicant should be expected to identify potential cyber threats, determine levels of risk, and produce analytical reports for a variety of audiences.
- You will occasionally be required to present your findings in front of senior executives, so the ability to translate technical indicators into layperson’s terms is vital.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills are essential. When serious threats are identified, you will work closely with other areas of the security team to identify appropriate solutions.
- You must be passionate about technology, and able to learn the ropes of new security solutions rapidly.
- Recognize common behavior patters that are primarily found in malware.
- Knowledge of debuggers and disassemblers
- Familiarity with linkers and loaders
- Indicators of Compromise (IOC)s will be obtained through: forensic analysis of digital information, Open Source Intel (OSINT) review/monitoring, available tools both customer provided and free, and pivoting/researching on previously reported IOCs.
- Must have common knowledge of standard network infrastructure.
- Other items that would be good to know: domain masquerading, certificates, and file hashing.
- Familiar with monitoring emerging threats through Tools, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs) and how they relate to the MITRE ATT&CK framework
- Participate in collaborative sessions with other CNDSPs and IC agencies on malicious intrusions, attacks or suspicious activities, as well as share emerging Cyber Threat Intel data.
- Assist in the development of IOCs for active defensive countermeasures and passive detection signatures.
- Good written communications skills are necessary in order to properly document and report the identification and sharing of newly identified IOCs.
- Attention to detail and ability to work with team-members and independently, the functionality and efficiency of systems associated with the HBSS framework and product suites.
At IT Veterans LLC, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
- TS/SCI clearance with the ability to gain and maintain a CI Poly.
- Bachelor’s degree and 8 years’ experience
- Must have and maintain a DoD 8570 approved IAT II level certification.