Watch Officer L3 CO - DAY
Colorado Springs, CO
IT Veterans is currently seeking a Watch Officer to support the Enterprise Watch Command Center and ensure monitoring, tracking, and documenting of Severity Level incidents and escalation of incidents affecting critical business functions.
- Monitor and track service impacting changes in the enterprise infrastructure.
- Work with Service Operations team staff during the installation, upgrade, or decommissioning of infrastructure equipment or software to monitor and track potential impact to the enterprise
- Monitors and analyzes critical incident alerts regarding outages or degradation in services affecting the enterprise using monitoring tools
- Assist with the development and maintenance of standard operation monitoring procedures
- Assist with Major Incident Severity Level calls (standing up conference calls, identifying appropriate service line resources, documenting a timeline of events)
- Preparing, updating, and reporting Situational Awareness to the ESOC PMO and Client Liaisons
- Monitor planned and unplanned service impacting changes
- Assist with preparation of Outage and Resolution Notifications for Severity Level Incidents, Advisory Notifications, Planned Outage Notifications, and updates to those outages
- Assist with SharePoint Outage Tracker entries and updates
- Assist with setting up conference bridges in support of Severity Level 1s and 2s and engaging appropriate resources
- Archiving of Daily Operations Report and Shift Change Log (Day Shift)
- Perform trend analysis reports as requested
- Check on the status of Critical Site Tickets and close if possible
- Check on the status of Prolonged/Multiple Transfers of Tickets and close if possible
- Performs Tier 1 vetting and triage of incident tickets to facilitate accurate and effective outage handling procedures and resolution.
Schedule: Flexibility Necessary
- TS/SCI clearance with a CI Poly.
- Bachelor’s degree and 6 years’ experience
- Security+ or other technical certification to meet 8570 IAT II compliance required.
- Hold an ITIL and/or technical certification
- Technical background and strong IT skills/knowledge in networking, exchange, or desktop support
- Strong understanding of ITIL concepts
- Proficient in word processing, spreadsheets, and desktop applications
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong logic and analytical skills
- Strong customer service skills and experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to multi-task, prioritize, and maintain attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- Basic knowledge of ServiceNow, Windows Desktops, or other IT Service Management System
At IT Veterans LLC, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
- DAYS - 6:00am – 6:00pm - Panama schedule
- Training is up to eight weeks on the DAY shift