Position: Sr. Tableau Developer
Location: Springfield, VA
IT Veterans, LLC is seeking a Sr. Tableau Developer
to manage the life cycle of Tableau analytics dashboards, including business requirements gathering, functional specification write-up, prototyping, development, quality testing, user acceptance testing, roll-out and post-launch enhancements implementation to support NGA resource owner information needs. They will design engaging and interactive business insights dashboards using Tableau and apply data visualization best practices, with a focus on enhancing user interaction and user experience. Ability to maintain an Active TS/SCI is required.
- Serve as Tableau developer and Subject Matter Expert (SME) as well as work closely across FM to ensure data sources are accurate, available and analyzable.
- Perform a broad array of functions with Tableau Desktop (dashboard creation, report authoring and troubleshooting, data source management).
- Create and edit SQL queries within Tableau to build calculated fields.
- Create interactive filters, parameters and calculations for dashboards and worksheets in Tableau.
- Build and publish interactive dashboards on Tableau Server. Collaborate with data stewards to test, clean, and standardized data to meet the business requirements.
- Conduct strategizing and ideation sessions with the team before beginning on creating the application or solution.
- Create tools to store data effectively within the organization, as well as maintaining data analytics platforms so that data can effectively be mined for information at a later date.
- Conduct tests and develop database queries to analyze the effects and troubleshoot any issues that arise. This is an ongoing part of the development process that occurs regularly throughout a project to pick up on any part of the application that isn’t working correctly.
- Develop and update technical documentation to serve as a reference guide.
- Work cross-functionally with various departments including business stakeholders and technical personnel to exchange ideas.
- Research new uses for existing data.
- TS/SCI active clearance required at the time of hire.
- Possesses a bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated 5+ years of experience designing and developing dashboards using Tableau, preferably for business intelligence.
- Demonstrated experience with User Interface (UI) and User Experience (UX) using a combination of user interface tools such as wire frames, prototypes, mock-ups, or white boarding to illustrate product usability.
- Demonstrated experience working with large and complex data sets with the documented ability to write simple queries to create calculated fields.
- Demonstrated understanding of data systems such as Business Intelligence (BI) analytics, data blending, data warehousing, data Extract, Transform and Load (ETL), etc. on process automation and standardization.
Pursuant to a customer requirement, this position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or obtain approval for a religious or medical accommodation request before starting.
At IT Veterans LLC, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
- Possesses a Master’s degree in computer science or a related technical field
- Possesses Tableau Desktop Certified Professional certification
- Demonstrated 5+ years in UI and UX
- Demonstrated experience working in a team environment to research, document and solve problems.
- Demonstrated experience working directly with business analysts or business sponsors to gather and validate functional requirements
- Demonstrated ability to develop design specifications.
- Possesses excellent oral and written communications skills and excellent listening skills.
- Possesses the ability to work on multiple projects and the flexibility to change priorities when needed.