Systems Administrator Sr. Advisor
IT Veterans seeking a talented Systems Administrator Sr. Advisor. The ideal candidate will maintain the organization's computer systems' workflows and is responsible for the upkeep, configuration and reliable operation of computer systems. This will include fixing
network issues along with updating equipment and software. You must have an active TS/SCI clearance with the ability to gain and maintain a CI Poly.
- Creates and administers profiles and accounts and maintains systems documentation.
- Tunes system performance for optimal conditions. Installs system-wide software.
- Independently provides advance level technical interpretation and solutions in the management of networks, software, hardware, configurations, and architectures.
- Troubleshoots system hardware and software specific issues that are moderate to high complexity in scope.
- Trains end users on the proper use of hardware and software.
- Performs advance software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages.
- Monitors and tunes the system to achieve optimum performance levels.
- Ensures workstation/server data integrity by implementing standard software and hardware solutions.
- Independently ensures data/media recoverability by following a schedule of system backups and database archive operations.
- Conducts advance hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
- Ensures that performance and security of computers meet the needs of network users.
- Applies practical knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education and work experience. May provide guidance to less-experienced personnel.
- Evaluates existing systems and assists with planning long-term strategies.
- May coach and review the work of less-experienced professionals.
- TS/SCI clearance with the ability to gain and maintain a CI Poly.
- Required Education & Experience:
HS/GED + 12 years
Associates Degree + 10 years
Bachelor’s Degree + 8 years
Master’s Degree + 6 years
PhD + 4 years
Must meet DoD 8570 IAT Level II requirements including one of the following: Security+ CE, CND, SSCP, GSEC, GICSP, CySA+, or CCNA Security.
At IT Veterans LLC, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.